Thursday, April 11, 2013

Altered CD Art -12 Months in View

12 Months in View Going Green Challenge
The challenge by Joanna and Bernice was to alter an old CD.  The examples were so fun that I really wanted to make one but I just couldn't get started.  Until today!  When I got home from work today, I had a package from Dubai waiting.  I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tear it open.  However , I was extremely careful because of those marvelous stamps.


The package contained the two art swap pages from the Milliande Art Community for Women March Art Page Swap. The package was from Lorrie Takada and had the beautiful journal pages along with some great goodies.  One of the things in the goodie bag was a beautiful paper napkin.  It got those creative juices flowing and I was itching to get started.

Here is the final product


I added a magnet to the back and here it is on the fridge.....


Now I have so many ideas floating in my brain so there are definitely more of these beauties in my future.  Hmmmm guess what everyone is getting for birthday this year?

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

BJ said...

It's gorgeous Pam, see what you mean about the napkin, such rich colours. Just wish I had a spare CD to alter now. BJ

Joanna Grant Art said...

How pretty, Pamela, I'm glad you enjoyed my lesson and were able to put it to good use. Cheers! Joanna

Brenda Brown said...

How lovely to receive these things in the post and to use them straight away. I love your altered CD but to be eligible to enter the challenge at Country View Crafts you must link the challenge blog back to your post and say you have entered it.
Hugs Brenda xox