Thursday, April 18, 2013

12 Months in View - Gardening With The Seasons

One of the things we are doing in 12 Months in View is taking a photo of one area whether it be in our own yard or a special place each month preferably at the same time of day and on the same day of the month.  Well, of course this month I'm a little late.   Here are the two photo's so far.  You can see what a difference a month (and a half almost) makes.

March 2013 Front Yard (taken 3/6/2013 at approximately 7:30 am)
April 2013 Front Yard (taken 4/18/2013 at approximately 7:30 am)

The grass has really greened up and the butterfly bush is starting to leaf.  The daffodils are gone but my tulips have bloomed.  And I really need to do some serious weeding. 

Don't you just love the big garden accent (i.e. dish) that my husband decided needed to be placed just there instead of somewhere OUTSIDE the flower bed?  Of course when it was put in I wasn't home so didn't get to weigh in on that particular decision and he just didn't understand why it made me so upset.  We have great TV with over 500 channels don't we?  (I don't watch the television very much)  I will say that we pruned the butterfly bush quite agressively last fall and before that it was quite large and spread out so that it kind of covered up the dish and made it not quite so "out there".  Hopefully the bush will take off and grow more by next month and start to take away that eye sore in my front yard.......LOL.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a difference a month makes! Is this your front or back garden? Our dish is on the front of our house - sometimes wish the satellite was to the back of our house ;)
Karen xxx