Monday, February 2, 2015

Document Life Project 2015 Week 5

Week 5:  Under Papers

Under papers are papers that an artist uses under the projects being worked on to clean brushes, stamps, brayers, etc.  I don't really have under papers which is what the prompt is for week 5 at Document Life Project.   Since I don't have any I set out to make some......quickly.  I set a piece of old newspaper down on the work surface.  I used several colors of acrylic paint and my brayer to spread some paint around.  Then I cracked open several brand new stencils still in the packing and sprayed different colors of Dylusions inks through them.  I made some black circles and several large dots with black gesso.  A little smeared white gesso and I called it done.  

After my "under paper" dried, I glued a large piece that would cover the page into my journal.  Then I got to work doodling and playing with white and black markers.  On a small piece of newspaper I wrote " Life is a journey" with my new Pilot Parallel Pen and glued it onto the page.  I really like how it turned out.


The bonus is I have a large sheet of homemade "under paper" to use on other projects.  

Thanks for stopping by.
~pam

No comments: