Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bible Art Challenge - Week 7

Perfect Love

Our verse this week for the Bible Art Challenge from Rebekah Jones come from 1 John 4:18 and continues the theme of God's love that we saw last week in 1 Corinthians.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

I chose to draw a ribbon down the side of my page and place the words "Perfect love casts out fear" on it.  I colored it with watercolors and a water brush. 



Hope you enjoy my illustration of this lovely verse that assures us of God's love without fear of punishment.  I cannot imagine living in fear that I will sin and lose that love.  Because we all sin, we are imperfect.  But this verse assures us that He loves us and that we should not fear that when we do sin he will punish us.  I think we tend to punish ourselves enough. Isn't it wonderful to be assured that He loves us even though we are imperfect and sinful creatures?

Thanks for stopping.  Come back soon.
I would love to hear from you so please take a moment and leave a comment.
~pam

No comments: