Saturday, February 7, 2015

Documented Life Project -Week 7

February Theme Layers You Will Love
February 7
Art challenge: When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt:"Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (ooh)

Not sure why but my vision was a dress with layers in the skirt.


I added so many layers I had to write them down.
1. gesso
2.  Torn pieces of sewing pattern paper.
3. Acrylic paints in Liquitex vivid red orange and Turner's yellow.
4. Stamps and ink in black and white.
5. The bodice of the dress is cut from a napkin that I had used to blot paint.
6.  The skirt pieces are cut from a paper towel that was used to catch over spray from Dylusions inks.
7. Stabili pencil used to outline the bodice.
8. Markers used to color in a couple of the stamps.
9. Washi tape
10. Some gesso applied with my fingers randomly.
11. Random scribbles made with a fine tip marker.
12. A piece of card stock on which I wrote the journaling prompt.
13. A piece of ribbon as the skirt band.
14. A button on the skirt band.

Here is a close up of the skirt.

Thanks for stopping by.
~pam

No comments: