Monday, February 2, 2015

More Bible Art Journaling

I love my new Journaling Bible.  That being said I have not stopped putting pretty little drawings in it since it came.

Sunday at Church, the message was based on Psalms 142: 1-7.  David is being pursued by his enemies who are trying to kill him.  He is in hiding in a cave and bringing all his trouble before God. The verse that struck me was verse 7 "Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name".
I thought of a prison named Sin that we all ask God to bring us out of.  And the door to that prison leads to "the world" where sin is waiting for us all.  So that is what I painted.


Bible art journaling has brought me back to God's word in a way I never would have imagined.  The next photos are some others that I did based on other Psalms.

Psalms 1-3
Psalm 27

Psalm 31 

 I used crackle paint to make the surface of the pot look old and it buckled the paper a bit but I think it just adds to the look.  Here is a close up of the crackle.

Thanks for stopping by.
~pam



2 comments:

Angie Jones said...

Your work is beautiful. I have a question about your use of crackle. Do you have a technique video showing how you did the page with the pot using crackle. I have some crackle and really want to do a drawing using it but I wasn't sure if i needed to prep my page. Thanks for answering

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. If you go to YouTube and search "crackle paint medium" there are several videos that show you how to use it.