Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Study in Psalms

I found the 52 Weeks of Psalms, an online study by Merri Dennis. Although the study was posted during 2014, I wanted to challenge myself to complete all 52 weeks.  Well, it won't take me 52 weeks since I am in my second week and already working on Chapter 31 which is the chapter for week 14.   I have been using it as a study guide and working in my new Journaling Bible to illustrate through art what I've read.  I wanted to show you some of the things I've done.

You will notice that some of the Psalms don't have photos with them.  That's because I realized after starting this post that I hadn't taken photos of them.  I will post them later.  This post will be pretty photo heavy even without them.

Psalms 1
Psalms 3
Psalms 5: 11
But let all who take refuge in You be glad,
Let them ever sing for joy;
And may You shelter them,
That those who love Your name may exult in You.

Psalms 8
When I behold Thy works on high,
The moon that rules the night,
And stars that well adorn the sky,
Those moving worlds of light;

Psalms 13
Psalms 15:1-2 
O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? 
Who shall dwell on your holy hill? 
He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart.
Psalms16
Psalms 17:9
Keep me as the apple of your eye,
 hide me in the shadow of your wings.

Psalms 18: 1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my delivery,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.



Psalms 19: 1
The heavens declare the glory of God,
 and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Psalms 22:14
I am poured out like water,
 and all my bones are out of joint,
my heart is like wax:
 it is melted within my breast;

Psalms 23: 1 
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

Psalms 24:
Who is this King of Glory?
The Lord of hosts,
he is the King of Glory!



Thanks for stopping by.  I would love for you to leave a comment and come back later.
~pam

No comments: