Sunday, March 2, 2014

Color Swatch Inspiration-Journal 52

Week 9 on the Journal 52  challenge  was  Color Swatch Inspiration.  Of course being the Pinterest addict that I am I immediately went there for inspiration.  There were so many great pictures with lovely colors.  But this is the one that caught me.





I knew immediately that I wanted to try to capture the colors but all that lovely texture too.  And I wanted to do this on an ATC (artist trading card) which is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 ".

I sketched my archway on a gessoed piece of  90 lb watercolor paper cut to the proper size.  Then I applied modeling pasted around the outside of the arch using a pallet knife.  After it dried I used acrylic paints in the closest colors to the pallet in my inspiration photo.  I'm pretty satisfied with my end result.


Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam

1 comment:

Leapin Moon said...

Hi Pamela,
I have been seeing your art on the #Journal 52 pages and my google+ page.
You are a very gifted person! You also give me inspiration,
Reaching for a more relaxed way of life - art seems to be an important step towards my goal. Thank you for sharing your art with the world!