Sunday, March 16, 2014

Art Weekend

I have been fighting a viral infection this week and finally started feeling better yesterday.  It was a nice day out so hubby went fishing and I broke out the art supplies.

First I wanted to make a box card.  I have seen these all over the place and they are so fun.  I searched Pinterest (of course) for a tutorial.  I found several and after checking them out. Here is my first box card.



Week 12 challenge for The Documented Life Challenge is "Cut up a magazine -add."
I've never been comfortable with this concept.  So I went into this page with a bit of trepidation.  However, I pushed through and I'm fairly happy with my page.




Then I got to work on the Journal 52 week 11 challenge -Stars.



My ATC background was made using Tim Holtz Distress inks in black soot, faded jeans and salty ocean.  I used a torn piece of paper as a mask for the black "ground" then blended the two blues from light to dark on the "sky". I punched a 1" circle out of watercolor paper and coated it with a nice thick layer of modeling paste which I colored with a little watered down yellow ink.  The stars are some dots of white gesso.  I wanted this to be simple so there you have it.  Stars.

Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam

No comments: