Saturday, November 9, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude Days 8 & 9

FUN

For this page I chose to use gesso through a stencil.  For the background I used Distress stains with one spritz Dylusions ink on each page.  Then I used the gesso though a flower stencil.  When I dried the page some of the gesso bubbled up around the edges.  I liked the effect so next page will be with the gesso bubble technique.



Generosity 


On to the gesso bubble technique.  I applied my gesso fairly heavily to the page.  Then "bubbled" it with my heat tool.  Cool effect!  Then I used pastels since I don't own any pan pastels.  I sprayed the pastels with some hairspray to set it.  I went over the high places with some bronze distress ink.  I brushed thinned gesso over all to tone down the colors.  I like the muted colors.  


Thanks for stopping by.
~ Pam