Friday, November 8, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude - Day 6

Declaration



I am really loving using all my distress inks and paints.  I have used new techniques that I didn't know about and the effects they create are so wonderful.  Now I'm wondering do I even need paints?

Today's page came together fairly quickly.  I didn't use any one specific technique.  On my drive home from work, I was enjoying the fall leaves that are left on the trees.  The sun was shinning in just such a way that they seemed to shine on the trees.  I wanted to try to recreate that look and feel on my page.  Not sure I am satisfied with the effects but it looks pretty.


For the background I inked using red, pink and black distress inks.  Then I stamped the leaves and using water I tried to take the color out of them.  Then I recolored them with distress markers.  I stamped over a few of them with clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder to produce some "shine".  This didn't produce the effect I was really going for but it worked somewhat.  I stamped and cut out the tittle and printed out and cut out the quote and verse.  I inked the edges and glued to the page.  

Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam


No comments: