Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Documented Life Project-Catching Up

With a virus being shared within the family for the last few weeks and trying to take care of a sick 16
month old granddaughter, I have not been able to keep up with the Documented Life Project challenges.  I am almost caught up, with just this week's challenge left to do.  So I am sharing what have thus far.



February 28

Art Challenge: Using at Least Five Layers

Journal Prompt: Give Me a High Five

I put gesso down on my blank page. Then dripped and dropped several colors of inks allowing them to run down the page. Then I made a sandwich of 5 different papers using a couple of magazine pictures, an article out of another magazine and a tag from a piece of clothing that I liked. On top of it all I put a piece of card stock that had "5 FOR" printed on it and stitched the whole thing together then glued it to the page. I really like how this turned out although it is so totally different from anything I have ever done before.





The theme for March is:

Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)

March 7

Art Challenge: As A Layer Element

Journal Prompt: Surviving the Elements


I have a Gelli plate that I have been too afraid to use simply because I don't really know how. I recently got a great book from Amazon so that I feel a bit more comfortable with it.


Feeling a bit more confident I used my Gelli plate which is a small 6 x 6 to make the background on this page. I put the paint on it and I used two different stencils to put down the base colors. Then I just stamped the page with it like a stamp.   I doodled around several of the elements with both black and white pens and pencils.  I wrote the words "I will survive".




The last page I finished is the March 8th challenge.

Art Challenge: Borders

Journal Prompt: "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind."

For this page I wanted to do something different. So I started by doodling some borders and corners on my page. Then I worked some Zenspiration dangles into the middle area. I colored these in with my Pitt Pens. Using water color I added color around the border. Then I wrote in the prompt.


I really like how it turned out and it was so much fun doodling the dangles.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment.
~pam



No comments: