Monday, March 2, 2015

Artful Weekend

Since the weather wasn't very good this weekend I decided to play with my art supplies.  I received my book Mixed Media Portraits with Pam Carriker. I have never been able to draw faces.



 I did the first two exercises in the book with her face mapping.

First was a straight on view.

I was pretty happy with my pencil drawing for the first ever actual face that looks like a face.

Next was a side view.

I'm not quite as happy with this one although it isn't too bad for a first time.

Last was the 3/4 view.

I liked this one because it seems a bit more feminine.  Now I just have to learn how to do the faces with some hair since they are all quite bald.

I also did a few Bible journaling images.


And this is the one for the Bible Art Journal Challenge from Rebekah Jones.
We are into Week 9 and the verse is from Matthew 18:3. "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

I found this image of a girl with a balloon on google images.  

And here is my version in my journaling Bible.



And last but not least I caught up on the February 21st challenge at DLP, Repeating Elements.
The monthly theme is Layers but I didn't really get much layering onto this page.  However, I really like how it turned out.  My repeating elements are the hearts.



Well, that's it.  Glad you stopped by.
~pam

No comments: