Thursday, April 24, 2014

Catching Up

After Easter and a bout with some illness, I have finally worked on catching up on art projects.

Journal 52 Challenge


I am really behind on Journal 52 weekly challenges.  The Journal 52 Week 13 challenge is How does your garden grow?  

I started with my 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch ATC from 90 lb watercolor paper and inked the background with Dylusions inks and then added some pretty flowers and a butterfly.  I stamped some leaves with a leaf stamp and black ink then went over the lines with a white pen.  I added the little knot of ribbon just because it was sparkly and I liked the look.
It makes me happy because it looks so spring like.


 Week 14 of Journal 52 challenge is Rain or Shine.
Again started out with my ATC sized 90 lb watercolor paper inked with Dylusions inks. I stamped my little guy with his umbrella onto a piece of white cardstock and cut him out.  I cut out some raindrops and inked the edges then covered them with Ranger's Glossy Accents.  I also put some Glossy Accents raindrops directly on the paper.  I found the quote on line and wrote it using a white pen on the dapper fellow and black pen on the background.  I liked the look.  The Glossy Accents "droplets" look like real water drops.


The Documented Life Project

We are working on Week 17 in The Documented Life Project.  My planner grows fatter each week.  Not sure if it will make it for the full year without some surgery.  I've seen a few blog posts from other participants that have done some major planner surgery.  Might have to check those out a little closer. 

For this week the challenge was to "Photograph or draw your favorite shoes."  I am not a "shoe" person.  However, my favorite shoes are any kind of Flip-Flop.  In the summer I live in them except when at work.  Since I work in a hospital and am on my feet 8 to 10 hours a day a sturdy, comfortable pair of shoes is a must.  At one of the uniform sales I bought a rather expensive pair of shoes but, they have to be the most comfortable shoes I have ever worked in.  They aren't the prettiest shoes but the older I get the more I lean toward comfort. 

But I also wanted to incorporate a picture of my favorite pair of flip-flops.  Unfortunately that meant painting my toenails which haven't had any color since last year.  So I had to do that little chore first.  Then I could photograph my less than pretty feet in their great flip-flops.

For the background of my page I used my new 6" x 6" Gelli Plate.  I'm new at this but I wanted to get a some good play time.  I chose my colors and played with the plate and got a good background.  I added the pictures with the great stamp I already have with the quote "Life is better in flip flops." because it is oh so true.

That's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by.
~Pam

No comments: